AnsweredAssumed Answered

XOG Portlet Read timeout

Question asked by alex.sinclair on Nov 21, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 by mcanovas
Hi

Hoping for some expertise to help me through a problem I've hit using XOG.

Background is that I need to make a change to a query and am hitting the standard "cannot make structural changes to query whilst in use" message. I usually deal with this by reading the portlet out with XOG and siimply pasting my updated NSQL into the query section of the Portlet read output and then XOG this output for the portlet including query back in.

For some reason I have a query which won't extract via the standard portlet read script - it times out. I have tried both via the XOG clent on the UI and via command line - same result.

The XOG read itself is OK - works for extracting all other portlets apart from those based on this one particular query (I've even created a couple more portlets based on the same query, again same result)

Has anyone ever had this before or can you suggest any other way I can get this query out so I can modify it and XOG it back in?

The code I'm using is just the standard portlet read from the library
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
  <Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="contentPack" externalSource="NIKU">
    <!-- you change the order by simply swap 1 and 2 number in the name attribute -->
    <args name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
  </Header>
  <PortletQuery>
    <Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">0000_port_funnel_v2</Filter>
  </PortletQuery>
</NikuDataBus>
Any suggestions welcome! Many thanks

Alex

Outcomes