Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

• 1.  At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Nov 22, 2012 09:12 AM
    My v13.1 fresh install is not cooperative.
    After I finally got the database connection details properly set I could log into Clarity.

The next time I tried, the settings in CSA are the same, I can access MS SQL 2008 with Entreprise managements studio, but instead of the login page I get
    At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

when reading the CSA more closely I see that everything else is the same except that the database is unavailable.

How do I persuade the db into cooperation?

Martti K:

• 2.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Nov 26, 2012 06:37 PM
    Hi All,

Any suggestions here for Martti?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Nov 27, 2012 02:44 AM
    Have you tried login on to sql server using clarity/niku DB using the same credentials which you have configured on CSA side ?

You can also try to recreate the db (deleting the existing db - if there's no data), and then configure it on CSA.

NJ

• 4.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Nov 27, 2012 11:06 AM
    Hello Martii,

Can you please check properties.xml file. Make sure that you have singleTenantMode="false"

If it was 'true' and you had to change it to 'false', then you need to do the following:

Please run the following command from the command line on the primary app server where you have NSA
    deployed:

admin general upload-config -info

Once the command is completed, please stop and remove all services from app server using command line.

You can then add the services back, deploy and start.

Regards,

Nicolas

• 5.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2012 10:46 AM
    Hi Martti,

This error usually means that there is an error in the db settings or that the Clarity system cannot connect to the database currently.

Have you tried using another tool to connect to the database from the Clarity server. Make sure you are using the exact same settings as the ones you are using in the Clarity CSA/NSA.

Jeanne

• 6.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Dec 01, 2012 05:32 PM
    I can access SLQ with Enterprise manager without any problem. Apparently it does not use any protocol.
    The tread
    Is this normal for 13 properties.xml?
    is about the same problem.

In IE the error is : Could not retrieve a valid tenant.

According to that thread the properties line should be
    singleTenantMode="true" not false

Running
    admin general upload-config -info
    gives
    - Failed to initialize Context properties
    java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver]Err
    or establishing socket to host and port: W2008:1433. Reason: Connection refused:
    connect

So it appears that
    - it is not an issue with id and password,
    - but some sort of other connection problem with TCP/IP protocol
    - the error messages in IE and FF are not the same
    - the error in FF is misleading if the singleTenandMode should be =true
    - I am not the only getting this problem .

Martti K.

• 7.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 03, 2012 03:21 PM
    It was the port configuration again.

This is for MS SQL
    In order to have the database available in NSA/CSA after the install you have to have among others
    - db login and user created and defined as in the installation manual, that will allow you to login to SQL Server Management Studio
    - connection details for TCP/IP protocol, that will allow you also to set up ODBC connection up to the point that you can successfully test the connection

If you want to use the standard port 1433 with TCP/IP connection to Clarity you have to defined that for your connetion and to disable dynamic ports by removing the value 0 and leave that blank.

If everything is OK then the database is available in NSA on the database page. If it is not then you cannot login to Clarity because you cannot connect to the database.

The error messages you get in the browser do no clearly say if you login details are incorrect or if your port not not correct.

Martti K.

• 8.  Re: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Dec 08, 2015 02:32 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/99778645-47505/01_SLQ_TCPPIP_settings.JPG

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/99778645-47507/02_db_available.jpg

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/99778645-47506/03_incorrect_login.jpg

• 9.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Dec 06, 2012 10:33 PM
    how to resolve the question.?

anybody here?

• 10.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Jan 07, 2013 03:53 PM
    I am having this problem now too. Just refreshed an instance and the instance who got the import ended up with this error. Database connectivity is good. I am having my DBA check the TCP/IP setting on my db server. I am responding to be able to find this thread again in case I need to come back for reference. I'll update it if my sql server settings needed to be changed.

• 11.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted Jan 08, 2013 04:55 AM
    As explained above this is the way it worked for me:
    Establish database user and login as explained in install guide, Gerogy's blog
    https://communities.ca.com/web/georgy/blog/-/blogs/install-clarity12-1-on-windows-steps-alone?_33_redirect=https%3a%2f%2fcommunities.ca.com%2fweb%2fgeorgy%2fblog%3fp_p_id%3d33%26p_p_lifecycle%3d0%26p_p_state%3dnormal%26p_p_mode%3dview%26p_p_col_id%3dcolumn-1%26p_p_col_count%3d1%26%23p_33&#p_33
    SQL Server Database setup for Clarity.docx in

Then establish you can log to the data base on the db server with the login created above using SQL Server management studio or Oracle Enterprise manager (????) to verify that your login is OK.

Thirdly establish that your database client is configured properly by creating an ODBC connection on the app server. If the connection works OK then the client is set up OK. In my case the client port was wrong.

Finally set the CSA/NSA database setting to match what you have verified to work above.

Martti K.

• 12.  RE: At least one validated Database must exist in Multitenant mode

Posted May 02, 2013 06:31 AM
    If you are in ORacle there is one more thing to check
    tnsnames.ora has to have the correct information.
    See

Martti K.