AnsweredAssumed Answered

Blank page displaying when first running report created in Crystal

Question asked by vtleogal2 on Dec 5, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 by andy.weekly
Wonderig if anyone else has this issue and if you have found a working solution?
Clarity 12.1
Report Server is Windows 2008
Business Objects XI 3.1

We have reports (OOB and custom) that are created in Crystal. The custom ones are query based (not running off Universes)
When we go to Clarity>Reports/Jobs and run a report, almost all the time a Blank page appears (Url = about.blank). If you close the window and rerun the report, the report displays correctly.
This is on IE8.
I did test this on Google Chrome and it appears to run fine each time, but I only did a few tests. Even on IE8, it doesn't do it ALL the time the first time, but enough to cause inefficiencies.
on support, there is a similar issue about when printing, and it says that Cyrstal Report viewer is not installed, but offers no steps on how to resolve. I've researched the internet a lot and it appears to indeed be
related to the CR Viewer files .I've tried different things like copying the files from Program Files>Bus Objec>4.0 files to the ASP.net client files folder under system32. Rebooted, but nothing is working

Does anyone else have this issue? I don't think it is an issue with the report, as it happens with OOTB as well such as Key Tasks and Milestones. The reports run fine in CR. If I run a report in Clarity that was created in Webi, there is no issue.. it generates fine the first time.

quick update- our technical team here is saying this is the CA code javascript not working properly when the report is called. Yet I don't see this as a known bug wtih CA. I really am curious if we are the only ones getting this?

Thanks
Lynn

Outcomes