Clarity

• 1.  GEL SFTP PATH

Posted Dec 05, 2012 09:16 AM
    Hi!

I have access to my SFTP folder for my Clarity PPM Ondemand instance.
    In this folder I have three main folders:
    [list]
    [*]Development
    [*]Test
    [*]Production
    [list]

Foreach of them I uploaded a param.xml with different values.
    Now I would like to read the content of such file via GEL.

My consultant gave me such trick:
    <!-- The XOG URL is taken from a custom properties file-->
    <gel:parse file="../config/properties.xml" var="properties"/>
    <u:tokenize var='entryUrl' delim='/'>
    <gel:expr select="$properties//webServerInstance[@id='app']/@entryUrl"/>
    </u:tokenize>
    <core:set value="http://${entryUrl[1]}" var="XOGURL"/>
    The u namespace is from the util library ~ <gel:script ... xmlns:u="jelly:util">

It is compiled and validated, but[b] I cannot find the correct path, could anyone help me while finding such information?
    thanks

• 2.  RE: GEL SFTP PATH

Posted Dec 05, 2012 10:57 AM
    It will be your "Clarity Home" directory as installed on the server running your BG instance.

(the GEL script runs as if it is "in" the $CLARITY_HOME/bin directory, so the config directory is $CLARITY_HOME/bin)

Where $CLARITY_HOME is, really depends on your system (which, as you are "on-demand" really depends on how CA set this up!)

• 3.  RE: GEL SFTP PATH
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2012 11:11 AM
    Hi,
    For your On Demand environments you will be able to reach either the Development, Test or Production directory using the following path:

/fs0/clarity1/share

Therefore as a GEL example, you could use:
    <core:set var="rootDir" value="/fs0/clarity1/share" />
    <core:set var="paramFile">${rootDir}${file.separator}param.xml</core:set>
    <gel:parse file="${paramFile}" var="params"/>
    Regards
    Steve

• 4.  RE: GEL SFTP PATH

Posted Dec 10, 2012 04:55 AM
    Definitely perfect!
    thanks

• 5.  RE: GEL SFTP PATH

Posted Dec 10, 2012 08:27 AM
    Steve is correct. The following applies to Version 13 On-Demand:

If you are on a version prior to v12.0.x and if your organization is using an FTP mounted drive there will be a change to this mount which may affect any processes that are reading/writing to this location. The new mount location will be “/fs0/clarity1/share” which is a symlink. The symlink will allow you to restore processes from one environment to another without code adjustments for the location to your shared folder. The “/fs0/clarity1/share” will point to Development, Testing, or Production folders within the SFTP mount respective to the environment.

If you are upgrading from version 12.0.x and if your organization is using an SFTP mounted drive the SFTP URL will change with the upgrade of v13. The URL for each datacenter is listed below. If your datacenter is not listed, please disregard this section and you may continue to use your existing SFTP resource.

West Coast (SJC): from ftp.myclarity.com to sftp1.ondemand.ca.com
    East Coast (SST): from ftp.myclarity.com to sftp2.ondemand.ca.com
    EMEA (MUN): from ftp.myclarity.com to sftp3.ondemand.ca.com

Any SFTP client may be used to connect to the location. You may also test without account credentials by using the telnet command via port 22 from a system to ensure network access to your respective SFTP location listed above.

A number of clients have developed integrations that leverage a shared directory that can be called within GEL scripts. The following code is required and illustrates the proper GEL syntax with the integration location:
    GelParams:

<gel:parameter var="ShareFolder" default="/fs0/clarity1/share"/>

The ShareFolder parameter is the same folder that is accessed through your SFTP account associated to your environment folder.

Juan

• 6.  RE: GEL SFTP PATH

Posted Jun 13, 2013 12:21 PM
    This is great! Are there any instructions posted anywhere on how to actually FTP the param file? I need to do that so I can change my GEL parameters accordingly.