amrahman

Clarity 12 installation on different app & db server

Discussion created by amrahman on Dec 11, 2012
Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing Clarity 12 on different app and db boxes.

I've been following the installation documentation and I've reached until after installing the db schema from NSA, and I can't start the db service. The app server is unable to start the db service from NSA because the service named 'OracleServiceClarity' does not exist on the app server.

Can anyone suggest how I can add a service named 'OracleServiceClarity' to my app server?

From the command prompt, when I run: niku db start, I get the following error message:
The service name is invalid.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

That's why I'm assuming it's looking for a service named 'OracleServiceClarity'. According to my Win2008 services, there is no entry for OracleServiceClarity.

Here are some details on the installation configuration:
- 2 separate machines: db server, and app server
- db server: Win2008, Oracle 11.2 ; Oracle was installed without any issues, created a database from the Clarity template. I've also added a niku user to access the database and listener is up and running
- app server: Win2008, Clarity 12.06; added Java, Apache Tomcat. I've run Clarity's install.bat and installation went okay. Also ran the script from NSA that initializes the database. After this I can't start the db service.

Any help is much appreciated - thanks!

Outcomes