DX NetOps

• 1.  SANM Query

Posted Dec 13, 2012 06:58 AM
    Hello,

I'm concerned about the SANM filter feature for "Topology", we upgrade a customer to 92 H09. We set up a filter to include only alarms from a certain topology "Container A". We noticed that SANM was not processing any alarms for devices in that container.

Only after we created a Collection to contain all models thats in "Container A", and then set the filter on the Collection then it worked.

Is this an issue, or is working as design, i.e Topology filter is for alarms that occur on the Container only, not for devices in it.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: SANM Query

Posted Dec 13, 2012 07:07 AM
    Hello Mate,

The alarms for the devices inside the container should also get processed.I doubt that you have selected " Exclude the topolgy" instead of Include :)

kalyan

• 3.  RE: SANM Query

Posted Dec 13, 2012 07:54 AM

kalyan444u wrote:

Hello Mate,

The alarms for the devices inside the container should also get processed.I doubt that you have selected " Exclude the topolgy" instead of Include :)

kalyan
    Thats what i thought, but it doesnt, when I add a Topology filter for one container it process no alarms for that Included Container, when I remove it it starts processing all alarms again.

When creating a collection that works.

• 4.  Re: SANM Query
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 01:14 PM

Closing this question as the 9.2 version of Spectrum is end of life and the question is 4 years old.