AnsweredAssumed Answered

OBS - Multiselect & Static dependent lists

Question asked by RichardWarburton1315783 on Jan 7, 2013
Hello

I hope I can communicate what I want to do well enough for someone to give me a hand in doing it.....

We use our OBS in association with our project object and have several portlets we have written based on NSQL queries over project data.

IN those portlets, users select OBS units from a single level dynamic lookup we built, which OBS units they want to select in their reporting output. We built a dynamic lookup to present the names of the OBS units being filtered. We did this as the stock OBS unit lookup OBS_BROWSE_FLT_PRJ is not able to be turned into multi-select in the portlet configuration.

What we really want is for OBS_BROWSE_FLT_PRJ to be multi-select, but you can't do that. I can't find anywhere in the documentation whether or not other static dependent list (drill-down type) lookups can be multiselect in filtering. Being a stock lookup and set up that way, OBS_BROWSE_FLT_PRJ cannot be multi select.

So my question is, can a normal static dependent list which is NOT the stock OBS browse list be multi-select? If so, I can write a XOG process to keep updated a static dependent list lookup that is synchronised with our OBS structure and use that instead of the stock OBS_BROWSE_FLT_PRJ lookup.

I know my alternative is to use the stock lookup as a single select in the portlet, but also get users to use power filter to return multiple OBS units at one time, but I would rather not do that unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Outcomes