We are looking for participants to sign-up for the ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance Validation Program.
We are looking for early feedback to ensure this docker/kubernetes based technology is going to meet the needs of our customers as these container technologies become more mainstream.
There is no formal commitment here – spend as little or as much time as you want. If you have a spare hour, you will be able to spin up the ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance and get it running with either CA Directory 12.0.15 or CA Identity Manager 12.6.06. It is that easy and that is all the time you might want to invest at this time.
Please sign-up to the program at https://validate.ca.com (browse near the bottom of the list of open validation programs) and you will then receive simple instructions via email to get up and running asap.
There is also a YouTube channel that you can subscribe to that provides some easy to follow recordings to help you get started.
- Subscribe to the ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance Customer Validation Program YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrCjhdhuAMYu6lxIb8RhZ6w
- Introduction to the ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance Customer Validation at https://youtu.be/IUHmUGZuod0
- Getting started with the ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance Customer Validation at https://youtu.be/Su5N5-g1TbI (slide deck available on slideshare at https://www.slideshare.net/secret/4dALn7AKbQHrkG)
- Step-by-step instructions to set up ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance on Oracle VM VirtualBox at https://youtu.be/5wuR8GFDUTs
- Step-by-step instructions to set up ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance on VMware Workstation at https://youtu.be/UK7Em7j3sfk
- Step-by-step instructions to set up ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance on VMware ESX at https://youtu.be/jq_9f3qMWGc
Some additional comments:
- At this time, we have tested VMware Workstation and Oracle VirtualBox on Windows machines. If you are using VMware Fusion or Oracle VirtualBox on a Mac, we can’t guarantee that it will work on the Mac platform yet (Mac is a roadmap item).
- At this time, we suggest just creating a single master for your initial playing. Move on to clustered deployments (with nodes) at a later time when we provide further information around clustering support.
- Currently, it will take about 10 minutes for the CA Directory 12.0.15 GA solution to deploy and 45 minutes to deploy the CA Identity Manager 12.6.06 GA solution.
- A sample configuration, ForwardInc, is provided for each and instructions are included in the draft documentation to amend that configuration to meet your own use case.
- These deployment times will be getting reduced as the engineering teams optimize the size of the docker images that are pulled from the CA Security docker registry.
- The engineering team will be looking to update the ca Securecenter Virtual Appliance download site with latest features approximately every few weeks following agile practices.
- You will need to be registered on validate.ca.com to be informed when these new features become available.
- For example, in due course, you will see CA Single Sign-On 12.52 and the CA Identity Suite 12.6.06 (SIGMA UI) added as deployable solutions to the appliance.
Director, Software Engineering
CA Technologies | 100 Staples Dr. | Framingham, MA 01702
Office: + 86434 | Mobile: +1 508 665 8573 | Tommy.Reilly@ca.com