Today we'll help you resolve several issues we've seen crop up from time to time, like job failures for Load Data Warehouse. There's also some free training opportunities right around the corner. Perhaps the most exciting--a Meisterplan demo. It's the Portfolio Management add-on from itdesign that we're really impressed with, and Citrix will be there to tell their story of using the solution.
We also have a ton of people downloading the Quick Reference Cards that are part of our Countdown to CA World. There's a new QRC released every day on the regoXchange, and this link will get you to the full list. Several additional free trainings and events, like Jaspersoft and regoU, you can find at the bottom of this Q&A.
1. Why is the Load DWH Jaspersoft job failing?
2. Can you give me a GEL jumpstart for getting the Next Auto Number Sequence ID of an object attribute?
3. What happens to Timesheets after a Project's Financial Hold is opened?
4. What's a good way to remove financial transactions that are already in the "Ready to Post to WIP" stage?
5. Why can't we see the full OBS hierarchy?
Please feel free to comment on any alternative answers you've found.
We love your input (always).
1. I have an On Demand issue with the Load Data Warehouse job. After adding the Portfolio Category 1 to the UI, the DWH job began to fail. Can you help? Here's bit more of the background:
Step 2: Re-add the attribute.
2. Does anyone have an example in GEL of returning the next auto number sequence ID of an object attribute? I appreciate the jumpstart!
One ideal method, reviewed at last year's regoUniversity, is database independent, and you can use it on SQL server or Oracle. We like it even more than Database procedure calls.
GEL Script code is given below:
The parameters are:
- Object ID
- Attribute ID
- Partition ID
- Parent PKID (can be null)
- Security Identifier (can be null)
- Connection (can be null)
|3. Our project has been on financial hold. When we flip the status to open, will the system retroactively look at all posted timesheets?|
If the resources were enabled, there should have been entries created in the Invalid Transactions log when the timesheet were posted. If those entries are present, then you need do nothing more than set the project to open (assuming that the other minimum attributes for enablement have been set), and the transactions will post through the next time you run Post Transactions to Financials and Post to WIP.
|4. We entered several duplicated transactions and ran the Post Transactions to Financials Job, so we can't remove the bad transactions from the “invalid transactions” screen. Does anyone have a script or good method to get rid of several transactions from the “Ready to Post to WIP” step?|
Posting and reversing is not a good option since there are thousands of transactions already, and identifying the ones we need to remove won’t be easy.
5. When we browse from the OBS on a resource or project record, the full hierarchy won't display. However, if we use FILTERS for OBS or bring OBS into the list view, we see the full tree. Any Ideas?
Rego is releasing 50 CA PPM training items from the regoXchange to celebrate the Countdown to CA World! This week you can download Quick Reference Cards (QRCs) explaining Project Actions and Options Menus, Projects vs Programs vs Portfolios, Risks Issues and Change Requests, Setting the Baseline, and Using the Risk Subpage. Choose the materials you want by clicking here.
Presented by IT Design, Citrix, & Rego. Meisterplan is the CA PPM portfolio add-on from itdesign for prioritizing, selecting, and governing Portfolios based on strong metrics. See a live demo, and hear how Citrix has used Meisterplan to overcome challenges and streamline work processes. Save a Seat (limited to the first 100 registrants).
CA World in Las Vegas, NV: Nov 14-18, 2016.