To: CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management (CA SYSVIEW) Customers
From: The CA Intelligent Mainframe Team
Subject: How to Obtain CA SYSVIEW 14.2 Using CA Chorus Software Manager (CA CSM)
Dear Valued CA SYSVIEW Customer,
In November 2016, CA released CA SYSVIEW 14.2 with several new features (noted below). If you use CA Chorus Software Manager (CA CSM) to install your CA product, we have identified an issue that may inhibit you from obtaining the CA SYSVIEW 14.2 PAX file using the “Update Product Release” feature. To fix this problem, we have issued PTFs for CA CSM to facilitate installing CA SYSVIEW 14.2. We recommend that CA CSM users install the appropriate PTF before attempting to upgrade, to avoid any problems with installation.
The PTFs and resulting build levels are as follows:
- CSM 6.1 – PTF RO94259 (build level 127)
- CSM 6.0 – PTF RO94232 (build level 141)
- CSM 5.1 – PTF RO94373 (build level 127)
You can determine the build level of CA CSM by clicking the ‘About’ link in the lower right-hand corner of the CA CSM UI.
NEW FEATURES FOR CA SYSVIEW 14.2:
CA SYSVIEW 14.2 includes multiple enhancements customers have been requesting such as:
- Predictive Alerting: Machine-learning algorithms analyze your systems to notify you when your metric levels start trending toward a potential incident or SLA violation
- Dynamic Baselining and Thresholding: Machine-learning algorithms recommend thresholds based on the historic operating levels of your systems, reducing the need to manually manage static definitions
- Web-based Historical Analysis Tools: Easy access to historical data, helps you visualize how one or more metrics move over days, weeks, or months
- Web-Based Management UI: A new web-based interface to your CA SYSVIEW data and commands to supplement the existing 3270 interface
- And more…
Many of these features are available after you install the new Mainframe Operational Intelligence component, which is included for free with your existing CA SYSVIEW license. A video of Mainframe Operational Intelligence can be found at Operational Intelligence and Machine Learning on the Mainframe. You can download Mainframe Operational Intelligence from CA Support Online as a sub-component of CA SYSVIEW Realtime Performance Management 14.2.
We thank you for your business and look forward to our continued partnership.