CA Single Sign-On (formerly named CA SiteMinder®)
To: CA Single Sign-On Customers
From: The CA Technologies Single Sign-On Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA Single Sign-On r12.6 and 12.7 (includes all Service Packs and Cumulative Releases)
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms available at https://support.ca.com, and provide a longer notification period, please consider this email your written notification that we will discontinue technical support for CA Single Sign-on 12.6 and 12.7 (includes all Service Packs and Cumulative Releases) as outlined in the table below.
Once the End of Support dates are reached customers can contract with CA for Extended Support for another twelve months. Specific terms of Extended Support contracts are available from CA Support.
End of Service Date
Paid Extended Support is available until
Nov. 30, 2016 (specifically this was the GA date of 12.6.01 which completed the release of the CA SSO Access Gateway component)
May 31, 2020
May 31, 2021
May 9, 2017
Oct. 31, 2020
Oct. 31, 2021
CA will continue to release service packs for versions 12.6 and 12.7 as outlined in the CA SSO Fix Strategy (available on the CA SSO Product Support page: https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/5262/5262_fixstrategy.pdf ).
This End of Service notice refers to these components of CA Single Sign-On:
- Policy Server
- Administration application/UI
- Policy Server SDK (Policy Server APIs only)
- CA Single Sign-On Access Gateway (previously Secure Proxy Server)
- CA Single Sign-On Advanced Password Services
This End of Service notification does not cover any currently supported versions of the following products:
- Web Agents
- Web Agent SDK
- Web Agent Option Pack (CA Federation as deployed on CA Single Sign-On)
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for Oracle
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for PeopleSoft
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for SAP WebAS
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for Siebel
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebLogic
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere for Linux on System z
- CA Single Sign-On Agent for WebSphere for z/OS
- [Note: End of Service Plans for these CA Single Sign-On Family components will be subject to their own End of Service notifications]
As we have done recently, CA plans to continue to release newer versions of CA SSO at a regular pace and encourage you, as you plan your migrations, to upgrade to the most current version of CA SSO available at the time of your upgrade. In support of your upgrades we are offering the following:
- The latest supported Version/Release of CA Single Sign-On, at no charge, as long as you have an active maintenance contract for CA SSO. Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to the new Version/Release can be viewed in the upgrade guide of on-line technical information available via the product home page on CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- Accelerated time-to-value when you engage CA Services to assist you with any or all parts of your upgrade. CA Support complements our services team by providing upgrade support services to help ensure your success. Upgrade support services provides 24x7 access to CA Support and direct access during business hours to a designated support resource who will provide support on the End of Service version from upgrade start to finish, and for 30 days after your upgrade is complete. Additional information can be found in Seven Strategies for Successful Upgrade and Upgrade Services available on www.ca.com/services. Please contact your CA account representative to receive a quote for such services.
- Upgrade assistance from qualified local CA partners. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/us/partners.html).
- CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, that extends support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. Please note however, that in most cases CA upgrade services will provide a more cost effective and valued approach than CA Extended Support alone. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) for more information.