We would like a way to make the Spectrum topology available to our customers without providing them a full OneClick client. We're currently using the topology applet, but it's horribly slow and minimally functional.
Ideally the topology view would have the following features:
- Implemented in either Flash (ok) or HTML5 (better)
- Just-in-time data loading (One reason the applet is so slow is that it (seemingly) downloads all the models in all the containers before displaying anything.)
- Administrators can enable coloring of icons based on alarms (if disabled, model icons show a neutral color)
- Administrators can separately enable coloring of icons based on maintenance state
- Native multi-tenancy (no chance of one customer seeing another customers models)
- Administrators can selectively allow some end users to get some details on selected models (open a new window to get some fields like last discovery time, IP address, community string, etc.)
These are just a few things off the top of my head. I hope that the community will contribute more.