From: Dempsey, Declan
Sent: 30 December 2014 10:45
Subject: RE: NOVEMBER Published Tecdocs / Technical tips / Posts to CA Spectrum Community board
Here is a list of all tecdocs / Technical tips & posts (including updates to older posts) to CA Spectrum Community board for the previous month. Hopefully this can serve as a quick reference guide and may help with identifying some potential fixes for issues.
- SNMP Engine Reboot alarm after taking a model out of Maintenance Mode in CA Spectrum
While in Maintenance Mode, if the device is rebooted, CA Spectrum may assert an SNMP Engine Reboot alarm after the device it taken out of Maintenance Mode.
- CA Spectrum 9.4.1 - How Top Impacting Outages are calculated
This will provide an overview of how Spectrum calculates the top impacting outages
- CA Spectrum 9.4.1 integration with CA Nimsoft now requires the NISAPI probe
Enhancements to the CA Spectrum/CA Nimsoft integration now require an updated probe on the Nimsoft side.
- Moving Datacenters to different landscapes for virtual modeling with the CA Spectrum 9.4.1 integration with CA Nimsoft
The integration models CA Nimsoft hosts to a designated landscape. This allows the Datacenter to be modeled on the same landscape as its upstream devices.
- VMware objects are not discovered in CA Nimsoft/CA Spectrum 9.4.1 when using the VMware integration
After enabling the VMware management solution for the CA Nimsoft/CA Spectrum 9.4.1 release, VMware objects are not discovering.
- CA Spectrum 9.4.1 installation information
This document outlines installation and migration information for CA Spectrum release 9.4.1.
- Rare issue in which CA Spectrum 9.4.1 does not populate CA Nimsoft models in the database after enabling the VMware management option.
After clicking on OK in the confirmation window to enable the VMware management for the CA Nimsoft integration, the synchronization does not happen.
- CA Spectrum 9.4.1 truncates VMware Datacenter names from CA Nimsoft
The DataCenter names that contain a dot (.) are truncated in CA Spectrum.
- CA Spectrum 9.4.1 Device Certification Updates
This is a list of the device certification updates that have been completed for CA Spectrum 9.4.1.
- CA Spectrum 9.4.1 virtual modeling integration with CA Nimsoft disables all VHM functionality
When enabling the CA Spectrum/CA Nimsoft integration with the 'VMware Management' option enabled, OneClick will trigger the deletion of all VHM models across all landscapes before disabling the VHM.
- CA Spectrum MIBTools hangs when launched
When launching MIB Tools utility, hangs at message: Loading 2,189 MIBs. Please wait ....
- CA Spectrum Secure Domain Connector crashes
CA Spectrum Secure Domain Connector crashes
- CA Spectrum VMWare Host Pingable models have an initial Model State
Spectrum VMWare Host Pingable models Model State Initial even though Spectrum is able to contact the IP Address.
- CA Spectrum install fails on Windows 2012
CA Spectrum install fails on Windows 2012 with insufficient privileges error message
Technical tips / Posts to CA Spectrum Community board: