AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ways to get a password to use in a gel script

Question asked by vitor.sakaguti on Jan 16, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2013 by riteshkumar
Hi all,

When using XOG via a gel script in a process, one has to provide a username and a password in order to login. The standard way to get those I keep seeing in the fora is to create parameters and have the admins edit this info when necessary. That is fine when you have one gel script using xog, but it becomes a major hassle when you have a dozen of them, because if the password changes, you have to change it in many different places. This is also remarkably error prone.
There is an alternative that is to get this info from a file in the system. However, one needs to make sure that the file will be available and up to date in all servers where BG is running, so it is still not a very good solution either. Not to mention that one would have to deal with encryption if one cares about securiy, and storing the encryption key would be yet another challenge.
So my question is this: is there any way I can get the password from a single, secure place? How do you guys deal with this problem? Is there any recommendations from CA?

Thanks!

Outcomes