Dave

GEL and writeFile

Discussion created by Dave on Oct 12, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 by Dave
(Possibly) simple GEL question here....  I am trying to write a simple logfile to a windows share whilst a (rather complex) GEL script is running (and reading other files, reading database, performing XOGs etc).  I am using the tags to do this (I realise that this is for producing delimited files - are there any "simpler" alternatives?).  I can get output OK into my file, but my little irritation is that everything I write to the file ends up in double quotes (even the comments).   Is this "just me" or is this something that I can stop happening?  --Details;  My parameterised ${LogFile} is set to \\machinename\sharename\DavesLogFile.txt   I "open" my file for write like this;      I send a comment to the file like this;     or like this   This is a test   and it appears like this in my .txt file   # "This is a test"   whereas I'd like it to look like;   # This is a test     AND  I send a line to the logfile like this;       and it appears like this in my .txt file   "This is my line"   whereas I'd like it to look like;   This is my line       Should be simple huh? Message Edited by Dave on 04-02-2010 05:56 PM [left]

Outcomes