AnsweredAssumed Answered

Going from a standalone Clarity 12.1.3.5 to MSP 2010

Question asked by kenjolly on Apr 17, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 by kenjolly
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with a standalone version of Clairty (12.1.3 patch 5) and MSP 2010 (32 bit). This is being used as a test bed for showing our users how Clarity 12.1.3 works with MS Project 2010 before we actually update our test and production servers.

I have installed clarity on a laptop running Windows 7 and MS SQL 2008 Enterprise R2. Tomcat and java installed from the jar file for Clarity (java is 1.6.0_20 64 bit).

I also installed, from the exes within Clarity, OWB and Schedule connect. And then installed the MSP interface (without Schedule Connect as it would appear the version provided here is the wrong one (12.1.2 not 12.1.3 whch CA support have confirmed)).

Started up MS Project 2010 (32 bit) and the menu item installed and I can connect to Clarity.

My issue is the other way - goiing from Clarity to MS Proejct. It acts as if I had just started MS project and asks for password and then shows a list of ALL projects to choose from. I would expect it to open up MS project and then open the project I came from within Clarity.

If I start MS Project and select a recent project I get asked to enter my password to login to Clarity (which is as expected) but again it presents a list of all projects (even though I selected a project).

I've raised a case with support who intially thought it had to do with java versions - because the server and client are on the same "box" i.e. laptop, they though clarity running java 64 bit wouldn't work with MS Project in 32 bit. Note they also said the windows 7 64 bit is not a supported server OS. However they have now said clarity on 64 bit java will work with MS Project 32 bit.

Has anyone else got a standalone version of Clarity working with MS Project 2010 ? Has anyone seen this issue before and can point me in the right diretcion (is it Java, schedule connect, something else).

Any help apprecicated as I don't think support have any idea why this isn't working.

Thanks,

Ken

Outcomes