AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mismatch: Project Assignments v OWB

Question asked by Owen_R on Aug 1, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 by Jenn_Rinella
I think I have a time-slicing issue but wanted to see if anyone's experienced the same issue before I raise a case with Support. V12.06 and SQL server with OWB.

In the Project Assignments portlet for a specific resource on a specific project it is showing 6.2 hours of ETC in June and a total of 323 hours (in the timescaled section)for the project. The non-time scaled total for ETC is 264.5 hours.

In Open Workbench for that same resource, there is no ETC in June and the total ETC for the whole project is 264.5 hours.

Looking at slice data I can see that the difference is down to 1 specific task, which has no ETC on it in OWB (but has actuals). I have looked at both PRJ_BLB_SLICES (daliy resource ETC slice) and the insta-slice PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC which is used by Project Assignments, and they each return a total of 323 for the project.

The 6.2 hours in June is causing us to flag data issues when they don't in fact exist according to OWB.

I can also see that the totals by month are different between OWB and Project Assignments.

Any suggestions? Should I rebuild the whole daily resource ETC slice? Is there an underlying bug with time slicing?

Any help appreciated as always!

Outcomes