BradGibson

Problem with Process Start Condition

Discussion created by BradGibson on Oct 21, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 by BradGibson
Hi All,

I'm having a very weird issue.
I have a workflow that needs to start ONLY when an Idea is part of certain OBS's... here's the condition I'm using:

(obs("idea",5001006,"man_requestor:/COO/Customer Experience","EQUALS","selected_unit_and_below", ctx, idea) ||
obs("idea",5001010,"man_requestor:/MAFS","EQUALS","selected_unit_only", ctx, idea) ||
( obs("idea",5001009,"man_requestor:/Finance","EQUALS","selected_unit_only", ctx, idea) ) ||
( obs("idea",5001013,"man_requestor:/Customer Management","EQUALS","selected_unit_and_below", ctx, idea) )

When I try this as the condition, I get the error "ODF-0010: Invalid expression. Check the format to make sure it is correct."

It looks perfect to me, and the trick seems to be that it's too long or something? When I remove the last clause after the OR symbol, it works. When I remove a clause higher up, it works...

So, for example, remove the Finance OBS "OR" clause... it works like this:

obs("idea",5001006,"man_requestor:/COO/Customer Experience","EQUALS","selected_unit_and_below", ctx, idea) ||
obs("idea",5001010,"man_requestor:/MAFS","EQUALS","selected_unit_only", ctx, idea) ||
( obs("idea",5001013,"man_requestor:/Customer Management","EQUALS","selected_unit_and_below", ctx, idea) ) || ( obs("idea",5001010,"man_requestor:/MAFS","EQUALS","selected_unit_only", ctx, idea) )

OR remove the MAFS OR clause and it works like this:

( obs("idea",5001009,"man_requestor:/Finance","EQUALS","selected_unit_only", ctx, idea) ) || ( obs("idea",5001006,"man_requestor:/COO/Customer Experience","EQUALS","selected_unit_and_below", ctx, idea) || obs("idea",5001013,"man_requestor:/Customer Management","EQUALS","selected_unit_and_below", ctx, idea) )

But put them all together it won't evaluate. What is going on here? Any ideas to get it working? is there a length limit?

Outcomes