Symantec IGA

• 1.  Oracle EBS - Invalid Oracle Application Credentials

Posted Feb 11, 2014 02:55 AM

Hi,

Our client would like to verify that CA IdentityMinder supports the integration with Oracle EBS. Following steps mentioned in CA IDM connector have been performed:

1. Create a service for your Oracle client.

2. Configure ODBC on your Oracle client.
    Note:You must install the 32-bit version of the Oracle Client package.

Now the next step is to create the endpoint. While creating the endpoint, I am getting an invalid Oracle Application credentials error. Though I believe I am providing the correct credentials but still it is giving me the same error. Does anyone have an experience in integrating Oracle EBS with CA IdentityMinder? If yes, help me with setting the correct database name and credentials. I am using a sample database 'Vision Demo Database' provided by Oracle EBS for training and testing.

PS: Please have a look at attached snapshots to get more idea about the error.

• 2.  RE: Oracle EBS - Invalid Oracle Application Credentials

Posted Feb 11, 2014 03:50 AM

Whenever I am getting invalid credential for an ODBC connection in IM, I always try to see if I get the same utilizing the ODBC in another piece of software (Access, excel or similar)

For this type of connection the problem is normally invalid credentials ;)

or you do not have enough rights on the Ora system

Cheers, Atle

• 3.  RE: Oracle EBS - Invalid Oracle Application Credentials

Posted Feb 11, 2014 03:58 AM

Thanks for your response Atle.

As far ODBC is concerned, it is working fine and able to connect to the Oracle EBS server successfully. In Oracle EBS's listener log file, I found this entry

11-FEB-2014 13:22:38 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=VIS)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Program?Files??x86?\CA\Identity?Manager\Provisioning?Server\bin\im_ccs.exe)(HOST=CAIDM)(USER=SYSTEM))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.10.1.192)(PORT=49525)) * establish * VIS * 0

which means that CAIDM is able to reach EBS application and successfully connect to the database. The problem occurs when it come to application/administrative database names and application users credentials. I searched on the Internet and tried almost every default users but haven't got any success yet.

• 4.  RE: Oracle EBS - Invalid Oracle Application Credentials

Posted Feb 11, 2014 05:27 AM

The system user needs admin rights on the EBS.

see if you can use the fnd_user_pkg.CreateUser with the system user.

use a sql client (or get the ora admin to test) and run fnd_user_pkg.CreateUser with the system user.

Run something like

BEGIN
      fnd_user_pkg.CreateUser(
      x_user_name => 'NEWUSER',
      x_owner => 'CUST',
      x_unencrypted_password => 'Password01',
      x_description => 'new_desc2',
      x_email_address => 'new_email2',
      x_fax => 'new_fax2');
      end;

Does this works OK?

Cheers, Atle

• 5.  Re: [CA IdentityMinder (formerly CA Identity Manager) General Discussion] O

Posted Feb 11, 2014 08:06 AM
    You need to provide a user with privileges based on the prerequisite information on connector guide.

I remember in one installation that You need to provide two users in the connection. One db user and one application ebs user.
    The db user is an oracle user that should be the database account of the database administrator to manipulate the "oracle ebs" database (which is usually APPS). This is the exact minimum(privilege). This oracle user should have the same rights as the APPS oracle user. (Privileges to manage oracle applications "ebs" tables)
    The second user is a user of ebs application based on prerequisite defined on the guide.

If you still have problems try to test the connectio using the APPS account, justo to try connection and troubleshooting.

Enviado desde mi iPhone
    El 11/02/2014, a las 02:54, CA Security Global User CommunityMessage Boards <CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com> escribió:

Hi,

Our client would like to verify that CA IdentityMinder supports the integration with Oracle EBS. Following steps mentioned in CA IDM connector have been performed:

1. Create a service for your Oracle client.

2. Configure ODBC on your Oracle client.
    Note:You must install the 32-bit version of the Oracle Client package.

Now the next step is to create the endpoint. While creating the endpoint, I am getting an invalid Oracle Application credentials error. Though I believe I am providing the correct credentials but still it is giving me the same error. Does anyone have an experience in integrating Oracle EBS with CA IdentityMinder? If yes, help me with setting the correct database name and credentials. I am using a sample database 'Vision Demo Database' provided by Oracle EBS for training and testing.

PS: Please have a look at attached snapshots to get more idea about the error.
    Posted by:xaveri
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb_message.2252815.109126463@myca-email.ca.com
    https://communities.ca.com