AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding SQL Roles Through Polixy Xpress

Question asked by Spyder2319 on May 21, 2014

I am working on provisioning users to SQL using a provisioning role/Account Template/endpoint solution, via an Add Actions conditions.  This account provisioning without any issues.  However, since we are using AD\userID I cannot follow up that action rule with another action to assign additional roles.  Does anyone know how to send across AD\user via using a data element?  The user account was created from Global User SQLTST18 and when provisioned to SQL it was created as AD\SQLTST18 for windows authentication to work.

I think I just need to pass the correct attributes for the user name and I dont know I need quotes or anything in the userid data element.

Everytime I try it fails to find a user account, here is the error:  

TASKSESSIONGlobal User 'sqltst18' provisioning role memberships added and associated accounts added or updated successfully: (accounts created: 1, updated: 0, re-created: 0, failures: 0)2014-05-21 08:52:36.837

POLICYXPRESSTask completed:_OracleSQLProvisioning_Request - Failed to execute action 'Add Roles to SQL DB Account'. Error category 'Validation' with response 'Fail Event'.2014-05-21 08:52:37.257

POLICYXPRESSERROR MESSAGE: No account found
2014-05-21 08:52:37.32

TASKSESSIONGlobal User 'sqltst18' provisioning role memberships added and associated accounts added or updated successfully: (accounts created: 1, updated: 0, re-created: 0, failures: 0) [Number of detail item(s): 1]2014-05-21 08:52:39.297

Outcomes