AnsweredAssumed Answered

Clarity and SSO/OpenID?

Question asked by andrea.garner on Dec 2, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2010 by Dave
Hello all,

This is my first post so I apologize for any offense, but I have a question and a problem that I cannot seem to find a solution to. I have been trying to integrate Clarity with Troux and a few other ColdFusion based tools that have been custom developed. Our initial plan was to use the tools' SSO capabilities to tie them all together so there is minimal login action required by the user. Unfortunately, after much research we found out that what we thought SSO was, was not the same SSO that everybody else thinks it is. We believed that we could have users login once to the cluster of websites and be able to move from application to application without needing to login again. Unfortunately it seems like the SSO capabilities tie to the user loging on to the domain from their PC and using THAT information to authenticate them.

Our issue is that we will have many users outside the domain trying to access the information inside these applications and the closest thing we've found is OpenID that can support moving from application to application seamlessly. The question is, can Clarity support OpenID? Has anybody done it before? Any tips/suggestions or other ways to introduce our version of SSO? Thanks for any input,

Andrea

Outcomes