AnsweredAssumed Answered

Server Configuration Questions for BOE and Clarity 12.1

Question asked by Lowell on Jan 20, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 by Robert Ensinger
Hi All,
I have been mandated to upgrade our Clarity system from 8.1.3 to 12.1. My issue now is that I have no specific information regarding the servers and the respective environments.

Currently, I have Application Servers with MS Windows Server 2003 and Actuate Report Server (in each environment) with MS Windows Server 2003.

My question now, is:

What are the compatibility issues between creating a 64 bit "BOE" server and having a 32 Bit Application server? Would this work?

What is the recommended Platform for a Clarity version 12.1 using a Business Objects (CA Business Intelligence r3 or SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1)

Will a BOE Reporting Windows Server 2008 Standard 32 Bit Server cluster properly with a Clarity Application on Server 2003?
o
If not, what is the recommended upgrade process for moving from Server 2003 to Server 2008 32 Bit?

Will a BOE Reporting Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 64 Bit Server cluster properly with a Clarity Application on Server 2003?
o
If not, what is the recommended upgrade process for moving from Server 2003 to Server 2008 64 Bit?

Should the Servers all be converted to 64 Bit Operating systems?
o
If so, Clarity 8.1.3 does not support 64 Bit Operating systems: How would I upgrade 8.1.3 to 12.1 in the 64 bit environment?

What is the expected growth in storage requirements for a Business Objects Server – We have 30Gig for the BOE Server Planned.

Thanks
Lowell

Outcomes