AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Warning Messages

Question asked by Rob-FCB on Jan 26, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 by vtleogal2
Was wondering if anyone has ever tried and successfully found a way to create custom warning messages or alerts to appear at the top of the screen after a certain action.

My situation is this: We have a fairly complex change request process that I built that contains a lot of GEL scripts that do some database updating behind the scenes. Due to a confirmed bug in Clarity, when the user saves the change request, the process does its thing, but the screen does not refresh with the updated data. The user must do a manual refresh to get the data to appear on the screen. If they don't refresh and try to enter data, when they save, the process doesn't work because it is overwriting data that should have been on the change request. It's fairly annoying, but not much I can do until CA fixes the bug.

In any event, I have a read-only field on the change request that warns people to refresh the screen everytime they save.

But I would like it to be more prominent - like in a yellow or red alert box that comes up when an error occurs.

I don't think there is an out-of-the-box way to do that, but was wondering if anyone has done any fairly easy customization to do that.

I've done some major tinkering with the VXSL files at other sites to manipulate the javascript to display a pop-up box, but I don't have direct access to the core files on the server, and wouldn't really want to do that anyway.

Outcomes