AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADS problem: data not transferred from record to map

Question asked by Gary_Cherlet on May 11, 2011
Latest reply on May 11, 2011 by Gary_Cherlet
The problem doesn’t happen under Adsalive – I'm told that Adsalive makes buffers get populated when they wouldn’t normally be.
I put a SNAP of the record that is mapped to the screen just before the mapout and the [color=#FF030F]record in OLP shows page 2’s details whereas the map display shows page 1’s details.[color] This is an existing selection dialog with the fields’ Map Write options set to 1 – Transmit data and attribute byte. For good measure, when the problem occurred I added the following statement, but it hasn’t helped.
MODIFY MAP PERM FOR ALL FIELDS OUTPUT DATA IS YES.
[color=#0325FF]Background:[color] I have changed the dialog provide a ‘Select All’ option. The dialog doesn’t extract all of the paging scratch up front, but on a page-by-page basis. I forced it to extract all of the scratch by looping through the ‘BLDPAGE’ routine repeatedly without displaying each page in between. This has been working.
The problem occurs when it performs another similar loop to validate all of the automatically selected details; it does a mapout if any line on the page fails validation.
Have you any ideas? Anne from CAA

Outcomes