AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to programmatically delete old report instances?

Question asked by Alex_Feldstein on May 16, 2011
Latest reply on May 22, 2011 by another_martink
I have been tasked to look into purging old report results >365 days. We are interested specifically in a set of weekly reports created when we do the weekly time posting process, all displayed in Reports: Reports Library, and named "IT PMO Project Status Report - Week Ending MM/DD/YYYY"

If these were separate reports kept in the filesystem (I don't know they are), it would be a simple program in C# (or Java if I knew Java) that looks at a specified folder for the name and compares the timestamp with today - 365, then deletes anything older than that. Easy to do and could be run it daily from a Clarity process.

But alas, I do not know if this is feasible. I see the reports and see that there is an existing process interface called "Purge Documents" under Jobs:Available Jobs, and one called "Delete Process Instance" but they do not offer me finer control and could potentially delete any other user's documents, instead of a specific name and created only by the Admin.

I see an option is using XBL (which I understand to be an XML-based scripting language, similar to GEL?) but I have never used and do not have documentation for (how to look at similarly named files? How to compare timestamp, how to delete older ones?)

Any pointer appreciated.

Alex

Outcomes