AnsweredAssumed Answered

"String index out of range: -1" Error when Xogging.

Question asked by Chris_Shaffer_hcsc on Jun 14, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2008 by ca.portal.admin
Hello all,

I am trying to perform a xog and I get the following error.
Statistics failureRecords =" 1 " insertedRecords =" 0 " totalNumberOfRecords =" 1 " updatedRecords =" 0 "/> Records >   Record >   KeyInformation >    name =" ID "> 5002842 column >    column name =" name "> Project Name column >    column name =" UNIQUE_NAME "> P00000243 column >   KeyInformation >   ErrorInformation >   Severity > FATAL Severity >   Description > Project Object update failed Description >    Exception > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1 Exception >   ErrorInformation >   Record > Records > XOGOutput

I tried to comment out values to see if I could tell what value was giving me the issue but no luck. So I xogged the project out, and then back in without making any changes to the XML and I still got the same error. Any ideas or what I can do to try to pinpoint what this error is from? This is not happening with every project and I am not able to see any differences between projects that may cause it.

I know XOG has a habit of validating fields even when they are not on the xml file so I am wondering what this is.

This is version 7.5.2 fp2 (we are moving to 7.53 and then to 8.1 later this year) but this error is occuring in our production environment right now so I cant let it go.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Outcomes