sivasairam

BPM-0020: Action ID must start with a letter and contain only letters and

Discussion created by sivasairam on Dec 1, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2009 by Chris_Hackett
Hi  We are upgrading Clarity from 7.5.3 to R12.   I am doing some testing after upgrade to 8.1. We have a idea workflow with 160 steps and is  working very good in 7.5.3.   After upgrading to 8.1, I tried changing custom script in one of the steps but it is throwing error as shown in subject.  In 7.5.3-------------Step Name : Update Manager and Idea Custom StatusStep ID   :           Update Mgr and Idea Cust Status  Action : Custom Script  Note :-There is no Action ID  or Action Name for Custom Script.    In   8.1(After upgrading)-------------Step Name : Update Manager and Idea Custom StatusStep ID   :           Update Mgr and Idea Cust Status  Action : Custom Script    Action Name(New from 8.1) : Same as Step NameAction ID(New from 8.1):   Same as Step ID  I changed custom gel script and clicked save. System is throwing an error "BPM-0020: Action ID must start with a letter and contain only letters and numbers"    Is this how it works in R12 or does Action ID within step accepts space?. If it is the same in R12, I have go ahead and change all Action ID since all have space with in them.:-(  Has anyone encountered  this kind of issue?    ThanksSiva  

Outcomes