AnsweredAssumed Answered

Possible to pull INV  attributes into a custom object or can Business Obje

Question asked by vtleogal on Jan 12, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 by Dave
I hope I explain this well:I have created a Custom Object. No matter how I create it, even if it is a subobject of the Investment Object, it will not display any Investment Attributes, so for now, I left it as a Custom Object (its own Master)  I have added several attributes to the object that are specific to the object (in this case Governance and it contains a listing of the Business Segment details. We had business segment as an investment attribute to display on the project and idea objects, but I could not find out how to pull that attribute into a custom object, so I had to create a new one and point it to the same lookup)  I've added links to the object, but I am not sure if I added the right ones: Project Properties, Investments and Idea Properties..  Question- will the links enable Business Objects to "join" data from this object to data from within the project and idea objects? If not, is this even possible? The requirement to our consultant is to build a report that will need to display information from this object and also display information from the project and idea objects on the same report. The consultant is saying that it is not possible unless I can pull in the Investment attribute 'Business segment" which I am not able to find a way to do. I read on here that the links are stored in the odf_link table and that this may "connect" the object to the other objects...  I hope this makes sense, and that someone can give some guidance on one or all of the below1. Can you get the Investment attributes to show on a custom object?2. Can Business Objects -- using Webi Documents/Infoview- pull data from a custom object ANd project/idea objects? If so, how can it join the data in the tables? (this is my key missing element. I need something to make them link/join)  thanks!  

Outcomes