AnsweredAssumed Answered

TCP DPH

Question asked by Nithi_P on Jun 26, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 by USCC_Vibhash

Hi all,

I already do POC on TCP protocol and write the Parser for protocol like LDAP.

However I would like to know about LISA response that will show on GUI not same as I response to customer system.

I have 3 session of DPH but I already modify 2 session of DPH.

session1 : For get information about request and set the argument,attribute and metadata that get from TCP request

public void updateRequest( final Request request )

{

[Logic to set request]

}

session2 : For set the response ( In this session I have many question on this)

public void updateResponse(final Response response )

{

}

1. How can I set TCP message to easy to read on LISA GUI with magic string?
  2. If I set response on Session3 for playback directly, how about this session effective when I change value on this session?

Session3 : For set response on virtualized playback ( I already rebuild response from read file that will write on request session)

{

.}

1. How to set the response that get information from request on TCP binary message? (magic string on binary message)
    I see one of method is "response.getTransaction().getRequest().getArguments().getParameter("{parameter name}").getValue()", but after I use this method. it's error when capture and do virtualized
  2. What is the different to set result as binary? (From method response.setBinary(true/false))

because after I not set to true , it have error when I capture TCP transaction.

However, now I do logic on Session1 for write some response reference data when get request to file. Then when VS playback I already do some logic to read TCP data and modify some byte from request file that already write to be reference. And now GUI on LISA did not effect for my response to customer system because I modify response playback directly on DPH code level.

Have anyone can answer questions that I asked on session2 and 3?

BTW, for this POC customer know I can do only this because POC dont have time to much and I just get information about data pattern on the day that start POC, but on the implementation we need to do all protocols of customer usage and LISA GUI have to show thier data and can manipulation by GUI. Then I need information to do POC summary and prepared , if customer will buy our CA LISA.

Thank you and regards,

Nithi

Outcomes