How to load the extracted ticket data from an old sd to the new build service desk.
I want to load cr, chg, issue tickets.
Please guide me the steps to perform this.
It is not recommended to load ticket data between 12.5->12.9 since the database schema is different.
Principal Support Engineer
Thanks for the update.
Sorry for not mentioning the version over there. It is between 12.7 to 12.9.
How can i do this.
It is not recommended to transfer ticket data between SD environments unless they are at the same version/release
I expect this is following on from an earlier question you asked about how to take up the tickets that are raised on your 12.7 system in the period between taking the backup to migrate to 12.9 and actually cutting over to the migrated 12.9 instance? There are no 'out of the box' solutions to do this, and there are some significant technical challenges involved. Here are some important questions to consider first:
- are any of the alternatives to migrating these tickets acceptable? For example, can you not just leave your old system running until all tickets raised on that system during the cutover period have been closed out?
- how many tickets do you expect to be raised on your old system while the new system is being prepared?
- how much data do you really need to migrate? For example, would just the ticket requester, summary and description be adequate, or would you really want the whole ticket including activity logs, attachments, etc?
- will your chg and iss tickets include workflow that is in progress? (That is unlikely to be successfully migrated)
- do you want the migrated ticket to have the same ticket number as the original ticket on the old system? (That is unlikely to be achievable)
A couple of possible approaches to migrating tickets follow. These have different degrees of difficulty and will have widely different cost to implement. In both of these I'd suggest that you add a field to the ticket schema on the new system to take the original reference number from the old system, and prepare your client to accept the fact that the migrated ticket will have a new reference number:
1. export minimal details (original reference number, requestor, date opened, summary, description, status) of the 'cutover period' tickets to a 'pdm_extract' file and import them into the new system using pdm_load, putting the original reference number into the new field in the ticket schema. This would be relatively cheap and easy to implement.
2. write a PAM process to extract as many details from the 'cutover period' tickets as possible through the SOAP interface and raise new tickets on the new system, again putting the original reference number into the new field in the ticket schema. This will be relatively expensive to implement, and the cost will rise more or less in proportion with the amount of information that you want to migrate.
Hope that helps!
There is no really any supported way to do this as associated with these tickets are many other objects like contacts, workflow tasks, attachments etc.
That being said, Jame's suggestion(1 and 2) should be the way
to go if you want certain fields of the old tickets(like description, summary etc) transfered to the newly created tickets in the new/another
SDM install. And if you are not fimiliar with PAM you can create a simple script to use soap web service API to extract ticket info from the
old SDM install and use the info to create new ticket in the new SDM
install. The out of box java examples(in sd-install\samples\sdk\websvc\java\test2_basic) demo how you can extract ticket info and how you can create tickets. Hope this helps a bit. Thanks _Chi
Retrieving data ...