Clarity

• 1.  Goodbye Bookshelves...Hello Wiki (#DocOps)!

Posted Feb 18, 2015 06:33 AM

As George Harrison of The Beatles once said: All Things Must Pass. And so, as we've previously told you, the upcoming 14.2 release will be the last for the bookshelves. They have had a good run, but it is time to move on. After the upcoming 14.2 release goes GA, we are evolving from a static bookshelf to the brave, exciting, and collaborative new world of the dynamic Documentation Wiki and the #DocOps platform. The CA Clarity PPM Documentation Wiki will be your go-to-portal and one-stop-shop for the product documentation all-things Clarity!

This powerful #DocOps platform lets you:

• Find answers quickly with intuitive search
    • Access up-to-date information on mobile devices
    • View new articles on the CA Clarity PPM Cookbook
    • Export articles to PDF files, EPUB, and Word documents
    • Rate or comment on any article
    • Provide us with feedback

Watch this video to get a sense of what your CA Clarity PPM Documentation Wiki will look like and the high-level features that you can expect. Since this video was made, the wiki has gone through further improvement, usability testing, and refinement to help ensure that we are delivering you with a clean, simple, and intuitive wiki where you will easily be able to find the Clarity product documentation and content that you want. And best of all, it is a living, breathing entity that can easily be updated based on your feedback and collaborating with you!

Try out a wiki today at wiki.ca.com.

Content delivered at the speed of business! #DocOps

Regards,

The CA Clarity PPM Documentation Team:

• Rosy Sunder
    • Sarmistha Purkayastha
    • Tina Mastrobuono
    • Damon Logiudice
    • John W. George

• 2.  Re: Goodbye Bookshelves...Hello Wiki (#DocOps)!

Posted Feb 18, 2015 02:51 PM

Thanks for sharing this great information with the community John!

JOHN George wrote:

As George Harrison of The Beatles once said: All Things Must Pass. And so, as we've previously told you, the upcoming 14.2 release will be the last for the bookshelves. They have had a good run, but it is time to move on. After the upcoming 14.2 release goes GA, we are evolving from a static bookshelf to the brave, exciting, and collaborative new world of the dynamic Documentation Wiki and the #DocOps platform. The CA Clarity PPM Documentation Wiki will be your go-to-portal and one-stop-shop for the product documentation all-things Clarity!

This powerful #DocOps platform lets you:

Watch this video to get a sense of what your CA Clarity PPM Documentation Wiki will look like and the high-level features that you can expect. Since this video was made, the wiki has gone through further improvement, usability testing, and refinement to help ensure that we are delivering you with a clean, simple, and intuitive wiki where you will easily be able to find the Clarity product documentation and content that you want. And best of all, it is a living, breathing entity that can easily be updated based on your feedback and collaborating with you!

Try out a wiki today at wiki.ca.com.

Content delivered at the speed of business! #DocOps

Regards,

The CA Clarity PPM Documentation Team:

• Rosy Sunder
    • Sarmistha Purkayastha
    • Tina Mastrobuono
    • Damon Logiudice
    • John W. George

• 3.  Re: Goodbye Bookshelves...Hello Wiki (#DocOps)!

Posted Feb 18, 2015 04:18 PM

Hello Wiki (Ooops Goodbye Bookshelves... )

Thanks John, improvements are always welcome.

I must admit sometimes I have to search for extended time to find old threads based on content or subject and come to the end of my intuitiveness in building search criteria. Sounds good for me.

Time will tell how handy that is. Typically when looking for CA PPM information I am sitting at at desktop or laptop connected to Clarity and the Net as navigation and seeing how things are in the GUI is so much more sue3r friendly and faster with those than with any mobile device.

The CA PPM Cookbook look really nice, but for me personally it is the content. Single access to all knowledge definitely makes things easer.

Hopefully this allow export of a complete set of manual for a release aka bookshelf as pdf to my admin desktop for the speed and convenience of surfing them while at work and just browsing from start to end (on a moblie device while traveling without a net connection.

This is good for those who are not shy with their opinions. BTW there is a similar section at the end of the Tech docs. Would it be possible to hear how much that is utilized and is that considered to be beneficial.

Providing feedback has never been a problem for those how are not shy with their opinions. What I am doubtful is the use of the feed back in practice. That is considering the ideation process which is about thing people really want and need. Documentation inaccuracy and errors and outdated pieces have been there for a long time and the users have learned to live with them or in many case not even being aware of them.

So this will be in v14.3???? or in the E-relase?

• 4.  Re: Goodbye Bookshelves...Hello Wiki (#DocOps)!

Posted Feb 19, 2015 09:35 AM

Hi urmas,

You're very welcome. You will be happy to hear that we are launching the documentation wiki shortly after 14.2 goes GA. Stay tuned for an official announcement from me when that happens. Here are a few helpful comments about your response to me, hope this helps!

Find answers quickly with intuitive search - I must admit sometimes I have to search for extended time to find old threads based on content or subject and come to the end of my intuitiveness in building search criteria. Sounds good for me.

The search engine in the documentation wiki is different, and much improved, over the search engine that the bookshelves use. Searching and finding information is dramatically improved in the wiki. To help with this, my team and I are working to improve the topic titles, keyword specific terms, and other techniques. All of these things will help improve searching. I know that you will be much happier in the wiki and I hope you will not have to do extensive searches to find what you want.

Access up-to-date information on mobile devices - Time will tell how handy that is. Typically when looking for CA PPM information I am sitting at at desktop or laptop connected to Clarity and the Net as navigation and seeing how things are in the GUI is so much more sue3r friendly and faster with those than with any mobile device.

Mobile is a very powerful platform, and this is the current trend for how people want their information. This is just an alternative way to access information.

View new articles on the CA Clarity PPM Cookbook - The CA PPM Cookbook look really nice, but for me personally it is the content. Single access to all knowledge definitely makes things easer.

I absolutely agree with you that single access to all knowledge makes things easier and is the priority. The Clarity PPM Cookbook is not meant as a replacement, but rather a compliment, to the existing product documentation. The Clarity PPM Cookbook has been such a success with over 4,000 viewers, over 75,000 page flips, and over 600 followers. We continue to receive positive feedback and comments on the value of the cookbook.

Export articles to PDF files, EPUB, and Word documents - Hopefully this allow export of a complete set of manual for a release aka bookshelf as pdf to my admin desktop for the speed and convenience of surfing them while at work and just browsing from start to end (on a moblie device while traveling without a net connection.

You will be happy to know that you can export everything on a particular topic and create a nice PDF (or EPUB) that you can save locally to your admin desktop. In fact, as I'm typing this message to you, I created a nice PDF of all the installation content, and it looks great! You will be very pleased with this feature.

Rate or comment on any article - This is good for those who are not shy with their opinions. BTW there is a similar section at the end of the Tech docs. Would it be possible to hear how much that is utilized and is that considered to be beneficial.

Provide us with feedback - Providing feedback has never been a problem for those how are not shy with their opinions. What I am doubtful is the use of the feed back in practice. That is considering the ideation process which is about thing people really want and need. Documentation inaccuracy and errors and outdated pieces have been there for a long time and the users have learned to live with them or in many case not even being aware of them.

If you are referring to the ability to send us feedback about the documentation to TechPubs@ca.com from the bookshelves, yes this is very beneficial! In fact, we have been working very hard on this feedback. The writers are listening to you. I review each and every issue that comes in via TechPubs@ca.com and based on their area of expertise, I have the appropriate writer reach out to the customer, start a conversation, and update the documentation. Over this past year, we closed 160 customer issues that came in via TechPubs@ca.com. This involved reaching out to the customer, having dialog with them, researching the issue, providing information, and updating the docs where appropriate. In addition to this, we also monitor the doc-related issues that come in via the Community and we have a conversation to address those to improve the docs. Finally, over the past 2 releases we have closed over 158 internal doc bugs reported to us via our internal system.

It's unfortunate to me that you say users have learned to live with documentation inaccuracies and errors that have been there for a long time. We want to fix this. In the documentation wiki, the feedback process is simple and streamlined. I want to assure you that we are listening, we want to have a conversation with you, and we will update the documentation based on your feedback. Please utilize this powerful wiki feature so we can talk and work together to improve the documentation.

Regards,

John