RichieB

How to create Project using DevTest Portal 8.0.1?

Discussion created by RichieB on Feb 26, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 by RichieB

I'm trialling DevTest v8.0.1. When I'm in Create -> Virtualize a website, at the end I have to choose which Project to save into. This is a new Project, so I want to enter the name of the new Project to save it into. I can't find how to do this.

The documentation (Save a Virtual Service - DevTest Solutions - 8.0.1 - CA Wiki) for this section says "Determines the project where the virtual service is stored. Select a project from the drop-down list. Projects that are listed in the drop-down are projects that exist in the Projects directory,".

The Projects directory is on the DevTest Portal server, in C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\Projects

How do I create a new Project which I can save virtual services to created through the Portal? None of our users will have write access to the C: drive of the server, so how will they save the first virtual service into a new Project?

I also can't find any parameter we can configure in the .properties files to store the Projects folder in a different location e.g. we'd have it on a different drive on the server (we're in Amazon Cloud, so this would be an EBS volume), so it could be easily backed up and accessible by Support people, and we could manage the size of it since the directory would get large as more people record web services through the Portal.

Outcomes