CA Client Automation

• 1.  How to access additional computer information using a CLI?

Posted Mar 05, 2015 02:56 AM

In my efforts to keep our device databases synchronised I wanted to use some additional device information that I can access through DSM Explorer.

But so far the cadsmcmd command can only retrieve basic information through "action=showAttr".

How can I get data like manufacturer and serial number through a command interface or API that I can call with PowerShell?

• 2.  Re: How to access additional computer information using a CLI?

Posted Mar 31, 2015 12:14 PM

Anyone have any answers for Marco?

Thanks

How to access additional computer information using a CLI?

This question is Not Answered.(Mark as assumed answered)

Marco LorenzMember

In my efforts to keep our device databases synchronised I wanted to use some additional device information that I can access through DSM Explorer.

But so far the cadsmcmd command can only retrieve basic information through "action=showAttr".

How can I get data like manufacturer and serial number through a command interface or API that I can call with PowerShell?

• 3.  Re: How to access additional computer information using a CLI?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2015 06:15 AM

Hi

It is not possible to obtain this data through cadsmcmd. You will need to use the reporter or query the data in SQL

regards

Rich

• 4.  Re: How to access additional computer information using a CLI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2015 12:01 PM

Hello,

You could execute a SQL Query in command line using SQLCMD

Example :

In order to get the serial number and Vendor Name of machine TESTPC1 execute this command :

sqlcmd -d mdb -S sqlservername\instancename -Q "SET NOCOUNT ON; select serial_number,';', vendor_name from ca_discovered_hardware where label='TESTPC1' " -E -W -h-1

Replace sqlservername\instancename by the correct SQL Server Name and Instance Name

Example of output is :

VMware-56 4d 13 96 13 29 ba 90-95 97 a9 45 8f 7b 53 76 ; VMware, Inc.

Both fields are separated with ; character.

Regards,

Jean-Yves