Adrian.spittles

Reports and Dashboard Chart's & Widgets using calculated QOS metrics

Discussion created by Adrian.spittles on Mar 17, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 by Adrian.spittles

G'Day Everyone,

I have a prospect that want's to show a Custom Dashboard Chart and Widgets and run QOS Charts using a calculated metric from multiple QOS metrics.

I've seen various articles in the Forums asking for something similar but no-one seems to have come up with a solution.

I've also looked at Remko's Aggregation Probe, but unfortunately that will only Average metrics together. The prospect is looking to do something similar to (DeltaTmTotalCycles - (DeltaTmIdleCycles + DeltaTmSleepCycles) / DeltaTmTotalCycles) *100

For the Widget I’ve Achieve this by using the QOS_Views SQL script and the following SQL in the NIS section of Widget DataSource:-

SELECT ((SELECT TOP 1 samplevalue FROM V_QOS_SNMP_VARIABLE WHERE target = '172.26.182.1.snmp.DeltaTmTotalCycles.0' ORDER BY sampletime DESC) - ((SELECT TOP 1 samplevalue FROM V_QOS_SNMP_VARIABLE WHERE target = '172.26.182.1.snmp.DeltaTmIdleCycles.0' ORDER BY sampletime DESC) + (SELECT TOP 1 samplevalue FROM V_QOS_SNMP_VARIABLE WHERE target = '172.26.182.1.snmp.DeltaTmSleepCycles.0' ORDER BY sampletime DESC)) / (SELECT TOP 1 samplevalue FROM V_QOS_SNMP_VARIABLE WHERE target = '172.26.182.1.snmp.DeltaTmTotalCycles.0' ORDER BY sampletime DESC)) * 100 AS CPUPercent

Has anyone come up with a way to apply a similar formula to a range of data for reporting or charts?

Outcomes