AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installation nightmare, CAUIM 8.0

Question asked by 1_pablo on Dec 10, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 by Daniel Blanco

I'm about to throw the towell, I've never dealt with such an ugly piece of software in my 10+ years of carrer, I've been trying to install this thing for almost two weeks without success, I've followed the several installation guides (very poor content BTW) on all the possible configurations (Windows, Linux, MSSQL, MySQL...) and still have troubles with all of them, I know is not something difficult to achive, it's just that you don't get all the needed information from the documentation, right know I've manage to install a primary hub on RHEL 6, it seemed to work fine, but out of the blue it decided to bring down all the probes after they where working fine for a few hours, looks like I will have to start all over again!.

Is there a guide somewhere to install this thing that really works?, I don't care if it is unofficial, I just need this thing working.

Sorry about the rant, but this has been a nightmare, I've several open cases with support for different issues, they take forever to give answers and usually those answers are useless, last case took 2 weeks to get a useful answer from support.

Thank you very much for your help.

Outcomes