Is there a way of flushing old CI data out from the DB from TEST to start some news tests ?
I would be interested in knowing how to do this as well.
In order to delete the QOS and alarms data for existing discovered CIs, you can follow following steps though I haven't tried it and I am fully sure though whether it works or not.
1) Put all the CIs into maintainence state in NIS manager. That will stop all subsequent alarms and QOS data
2) Delete active alarms for those CIs from alarm console or through LUA script
3) Go to SLM manager, go to Tools -> Database Status and delete the QOS objects for rows where source matches the CI name.
4) Wait for few time (like 5 minutes) so as to make sure that there is no new alarms or QOS data for these CIs.
5) Finally, change the state to managed for all the CIs in the NIS manager and the monitoring resumes as earlier.
Just a small query here, is there any specific requirement because of which you want to do this ?
Retrieving data ...