AnsweredAssumed Answered

UMP Customization

Question asked by nomaxpi on Oct 3, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 by sagar.bhutani

I've been trying to figure out a way to essentially strip out many of the features and objects in the UMP and I'm having little success. Two major things I would like is to remove the whole public/private pages concept for a customer. I would also like to remove the entire navigation bar at the very top of the screen that gives access to the control panel, page management, layout etc and only have the nav bar for portlets displayed which I can build a template for as described below. Is that possible?

I would also like to be able to setup a "site template" with a few "page templates" that I build and the push out to the accounts I create. In the control panel, I see where page and site templates are however they do not seem to be what I'm looking for. Any way for me to simply build a custom home page and drop in a few pages on the portlet nav bar with the various reporting functions? I would then want to set that as the page a new user would be sent to upon successful login. 

I know this may sound a little confusing so I'll try and attach screenshots of what I want to remove and what I want to have for very basic view access for customers I add to our NoD instance.

Thanks

*Update - Added screenshot hopefully describing the above (and yes, done in MS paint :smileyhappy:

Attachments

Outcomes