CA Service Management

• 1.  How to use "Using Catalog of" value in forms

Posted Apr 23, 2015 03:49 AM

We want to use Delegate Use of Catalog function. It works well but we want to build service that allows our users to transfer their smartphones or laptops to another person. We want to display to user dynamic table with his/her devices and allow to select what device will be transferred to other person. This is not problem when owner of devices create such request. We simply call a SQL query with a userid of logged user as input parameter and result will display requested devices. But I can not find the way how to do the same as delegated user. Is  there way how to pass to a SQL query a value that is in "Using Catalog of" field? U can see this field on Home page of Catalog when some user gave you right to use Catalog behalf of him/her. I found _.request.requestedFor attribute but value of this attribute is probably available not before a order is send to a cart.

I tried this with Service Catalog version 14.1.0.279.

Regards,

Milan

• 2.  Re: How to use "Using Catalog of" value in forms

Posted Apr 28, 2015 01:18 PM

Any help for Milan?

Thanks

How to use "Using Catalog of" value in forms

We want to use Delegate Use of Catalog function. It works well but we want to build service that allows our users to transfer their smartphones or laptops to another person. We want to display to user dynamic table with his/her devices and allow to select what device will be transferred to other person. This is not problem when owner of devices create such request. We simply call a SQL query with a userid of logged user as input parameter and result will display requested devices. But I can not find the way how to do the same as delegated user. Is  there way how to pass to a SQL query a value that is in "Using Catalog of" field? U can see this field on Home page of Catalog when some user gave you right to use Catalog behalf of him/her. I found _.request.requestedFor attribute but value of this attribute is probably available not before a order is send to a cart.

I tried this with Service Catalog version 14.1.0.279.

Regards,

Milan