AnsweredAssumed Answered

Table Issues in User Interaction Form

Question asked by JR_Johnson on May 19, 2015
Latest reply on May 22, 2015 by JR_Johnson

Hi,

I'm trying to build an interface for the bulk 'selection' of a bunch of incidents/problems from CA SDM, as a user interaction form.

I have a pair of issues.

Issue #1 is that the destination table is inside of a 'Field Set' element - We'll call it fieldSet.

The pre-execution code for passing a valuemap to the form doesn't seem to work when it's inside a field-set - I get an error stating that 'Form is not defined'

Example pre-execution code:

Form.fieldSet.destinationTable = Process.myValueMap

Issue #2 involves the workaround for that problem producing some unexpected results.

I am passing the valuemap array to a hidden table at the root level of the form - The valuemap array consists of valuemap items with attributes 'number' and 'asset.'

Example code:

Form.sourceTable = Process.myValueMap

This is successful.

I then use ca_pam_getTableData() to grab the values of the hidden table, and then ca_pam_setTableDataFromJSObject() to push the values to the desired destination -

var incidentList = ca_pam_getTableData('Form.sourceTable',0,(ca_pam_getTableRowCount('Form.sourceTable') -1));

ca_pam_setTableDataFromJSObject('Form.fieldSet.destinationTable',incidentList)

The source table has two rows of text field elements, 'asset' and 'number', and the destination table has three rows, 'asset', 'number' as text field elements, and then a row of checkboxes named 'resolved.'

The destination table updates, but every row is duplicated. - I am at a loss to explain either behavior, and I can't seem to figure out how to get around it.

Does anyone know what might be happening here?

For bonus points, does anyone know how I can default these check-boxes to a 'checked' state?

Outcomes