Clarity

• 1.  Query regarding time scaled values

Posted May 28, 2015 10:35 AM

Hello All,

Is it possible to save different time scaled settings for a portlet?

I have tried doing this but could not found any option for it. If this is not possible, can we create a portlet with more than one time scaled attributes in column layout?

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 2.  Re: Query regarding time scaled values

Posted May 28, 2015 03:18 PM

can we create a portlet with more than one time scaled attributes in column layout?

If you go to configure the portlet and select the time scaled attribute from the fields list, you can select multiple TS attributes to show. They'll appear in the same column stacked on top of each other. We have many for example that list ETC and Allocation. Not sure what you mean for your first question, can you elaborate? If you mean saving different TS settings for different filters, I dont think thats possible

• 3.  Re: Query regarding time scaled values

Posted May 29, 2015 12:36 AM

The way I understand it and the question the answer is no.

You can only have one timescaled "column".

However when you select attributes to display it is multiselect, id you can have more than one attribute,. The timescale is the same for all. See

https://communities.ca.com/message/241703886#241703886

You can also save only one configuration.

However, you can put more than one copy a portlet eg on a custom tab on the overview page and save different configuration for each one.

So there are work arounds and they are easy.

• 4.  Re: Query regarding time scaled values

Posted May 29, 2015 04:42 AM

Hello Elias,

Thank you for the reply.

From the first query, I mean that for example if a user uses weekly details portlet and configures the time scaled column to see allocation data weekly and then re-configures the same to see data quarterly. So, is it possible to save both the customization s (like filters can be saved for portlets) so that users can use both when needed.

Also, for the second query we need that if it is possible to create new portlet with two different time scaled columns like one column showing allocation quaterly and second showing weekly.

Thanks,

Pragya

• 5.  Re: Query regarding time scaled values

Posted May 29, 2015 08:33 AM

As I wrote before you cannot do that.

For the first question the answer is you have to have to instances of the portlet so that you can save both timescales.

For the second question the answer is as said you cannot have to timescaled columns, but you can have two attributes in one column.

Did you even look at the link I posted?

• 6.  Re: Query regarding time scaled values

Posted May 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Hello Urmas,

Yes, I went through the link. We can add multiple attributes under one time scaled column and see them together.

Thank you for clearing my second query that we cannot add multiple time scaled columns in one portlet.

Can you please explain me how to create multiple instance of portlets ?

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 7.  Re: Query regarding time scaled values

Posted May 29, 2015 03:13 PM

Firstly you have to have a place where you can put portlets for display. Adding a tab to the Overview page is an easy solution for that. You can do that on the system pages, but there can be restrictions on what and where.

More.JPG

If you already have a tab you just go manage My Tabs and if you don't you go to the same place and add a tab for more portlets first.

Add_content.JPG

Then you just add content. I've select the Weekly Detail portlet because it comes out of the box and you can add it on More tab. See that it is there already once and I am adding it the second time on the right side of the screenshot.

Two_weekly_details.JPG

Now I've configured More tab to display all the portlets instead of displaying just one for performance and space. The reason is that I can have the two Weekly Detail portlets next to each other to better illustrate that they do have different timescales (Quarters at the top and Weeks at the bottom). The downside of doing it this way is that you cannot configure the names to be different. You could make a copy of the portlet with the Save As functionality in the portlet properties in Administration. In addition to the different timescales you could select different attributes to display. Like you could display ETC for the next few weeks in one and Allocation for the new few months in the other or even add more instances if you need.

This should get you going to dipslay what you want to.