AnsweredAssumed Answered

Actuals by Role in project dashboard?

Question asked by L.Elias Champion on Jul 1, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 by urmas

Our project layout has a dashboard tab with a bunch of portlets that give some general overview data on the project, standard stuff. We'd like to add one that displays the actuals posted to the project per role. You can see the data by going to the Team > Role Capacity subtab and adding Actuals to that list view. Problem is I can't figure out how to create a new portlet to show just the Roles and Actuals (without the timescale or other info, just a basic total per role). The Role Capacity portlet is called "Role Capacity" (go figure!) and has a System Provider called "Investment Role Capacity"

I tried creating a new portlet with that provider, but it apparently does not exist. I then tried creating a copy of the "Role Capacity" portlet but that shows a different provider "Roles with Resource Aggregation", and when adding this to the dashboard it lists ALL roles that are in the system, not just the ones on the Team or with actuals. I found a similar question at https://communities.ca.com/message/97839271#97839271 but that doesn't have any resolution either.

Anyone done anything similar? I'd really like to avoid having to create a whole new query for this thing since the data seems like it should be right there for the taking already . I'm hoping I'm just overlooking the obvious.

Outcomes