How to manually clear all the alerts in UMP console .
The alerts need to regenerated again after clearing this alarms.
This worked for me:
1. Deactivate the nas probe.
2. When the nas probe PID and part are cleared in IM, deactivate the alarm_enrichment probe.
3. Delete or rename the following 2 files located in the <installPath>\Nimsoft\probes\service\nas directory:
4. Execute the following set of SQL queries from a utility like SQL Server Management Studio to remove all NAS alarms from the database:
DROP TABLE NAS_VERSION
DROP TABLE NAS_ALARMS
DROP TABLE NAS_TRANSACTION_SUMMARY
DROP TABLE NAS_TRANSACTION_LOG
DROP TABLE NAS_NOTES
DROP TABLE NAS_ALARM_NOTE
5. Open the hub Configure GUI
6. From the Status tab, select the nas queue, right-click and select Empty (this will drain the nas queue of all of the alarms that have been queued up)
7. Next, select the alarm_enrichment queue, right-click and select Empty
8. Activate the alarm_enrichment probe
9. When the alarm_enrichment probe displays a PID and port in IM, activate the nas probe.
Any active alarm will be processed by the alarm_enrichment and nas probes and they will start to appear in the Alarm Window in IM. You can then work off of these to determine how best to configure your sqlserver and oracle probes so that they stop generating the large volume of alarms.
If all you intend to do is empty out UMP so there are 0 alarms displayed in the console, follow these steps:
1. Under Tree View in UMP, ensure Groups is selected.
2. Click the Clock button to open Alarm View
3. Click Actions > Select All
4. Click Actions > Acknowledge
This will clear ALL alarms displayed in UMP. New ones will begin coming in as soon as thresholds are violated again.
Whether the acknowledge alerts can be seen later somewhere in the console?
There is the option to "Show Historical" alarms under the actions button, but I have never had success with this as it causes our console to freeze.
I think by 'Acknowledged' the alarms, doesn't delete the alarms from the database.
To delete the alarms permanently need to removed its from the 'nas probe' and might be there on the data base as well.Its better to confirm this from the support side.
I don't think UMP gets the alarm input from Database. It should get those from NAS probe.
USM gets them from the database on initial load, and updates from nas after that if I remember correctly. The old "Alarm Console" in UMP gets them from nas.
If you are using "Alarm Console" (Not USM), and when you see an old alarm (that you have already acknowledged) appear again,
it is probably caused by an internal cache in dashboad_engine probe.
Please restart dashboard_engine probe and see if it makes difference.
There is tricky mechanism takes place.
Today we have 3 different features for alarm management, go through slightly different way through.
- Infrastructure Manager - (a.k.a Alarm Sub Console)
Information is based on NAS local sqlite database (database.db / transactionlog.db in NAS folder)
- USM (UMP main portlet)
Information is based on UIM database. (NAS_* table)
- Alarm Console (A deprecated portlet)
When it is launched, information is based on UIM database. (NAS_* table),
however after opened it changes the way. It retrieves an update or newly created alarm data from dashboard_engine probe,
which subscribes alarm related activities (such as alarm_update) from HUB temporaily queue.
Thank you so much, really appreciated your important points.
Recently, we had acknowledged many alarms from the USM, but these acknowledged alarms were showing in the 'alarm console'.
We get rid of them by restarted the 'controller' probe.
Retrieving data ...