AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create alert from PAM to SOI

Question asked by Teslasdreams on Aug 10, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 by Teslasdreams

Has anyone been able to create an event or alert from PAM and send it to SOI. We have two implementations of PAM: One specific to SOI and a separate one for other process automation activities. I am working on the PAM for other automation activities. The requirement is to create an event or alert and send it to SOI if any of our process operators fail in a workflow for a particular CI. I looked at the SOI ReST Web Services and it does not seem to have the Alert POST method which I need. As per the SOI wiki, the WS-MAN web services will not be enhanced. That leaves me with Catalyst. However, CA is thinking of dropping Catalyst from future versions of PAM. I would like to know if anyone has had such a requirement to send alerts from PAM to SOI. I understand that it is normally the other way around, where alerts are sent from the monitoring tools to SOI and SOI kicks off a process in PAM. But my requirement is the opposite of it. Here PAM is the alert generator. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help or pointers to how-to documentation.

Outcomes