AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with the restsd_gtw probe

Question asked by rrustong.1 on Aug 20, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 by rrustong.1

I'm trying to use the restsd_gtw probe to automatically create tickets in my ticketing system and have run into a couple problems that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

If I understand the documentation and config options correctly, I should be able to use the ticket open and ticket status functions without using the ticket close function.  This is what I'm trying to achieve:

• Open a new ticket when an alarm is assigned to the sduser nimsoft user - this works
  • Periodically check the status of any mapped tickets and if the ticket is closed/resolved, acknowledge the alert - this works
  • Do not attempt to close a ticket if an alarm is cleared - this does not work.

In the <close> configuration, I have tried setting the auto_close_tickets value to 'no' as well as 'false'.  Unfortunately either value still results in the probe attempting to close the ticket.  If the close URL is not valid, the probe generates an error in the log and does not clear the saved ticket mapping - this means it will continue trying to close the ticket.  If I set a valid URL, I can see hits on the webserver when an alarm is acknowledged (or auto-clears), so I know it is attempting to close the ticket.

The second issue that I've noticed is that alarms are not generated on fail-to-open/close/check as the documentation states it should.  In the general setup section, I have the alarmOnCloseFail, alarmOnOpenFail and AlarmOnCheckFail keys set to true so that new alarms should be generated if any of those fail.  However, if any of them fails, I see an entry in the probe log indicating it failed, but a new alarm is not created indicating there was a failure.

Has anyone seen either of these issues?  Have you found a solution to them?

Outcomes