AnsweredAssumed Answered

'Unauthorized' when attempting to connect in Jasper Studio

Question asked by Robert Ensinger on Oct 7, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 by Suman Pramanik

Hi all.

I have our Dev CAPPM & Jasper environments wired together and my user account is granted all Advanced Reporting permissions in CA PPM as well as Roles available in our PPM Organization in Jasper. I've turned it all off and on again. I believe I've exhausted all the little tricks & tips I've found here in the forums.

In PPM, my user account can goto Advanced Reporting and everything I expect it should be able to do.

In Jasper Studio, I can connect via superuser successfully.

In Jasper Studio, when I attempt to connect with my user account credentials I get an Unauthorized exception.

studio_fail.jpg

The Jasper log says:

2015-10-07 17:56:12,728 ERROR JaaSProxyAuthenticationFilter,http-apr-8080-exec-2:36 - JaaSProxyAuthenticationFilter.doFilter() : Error while authenticating the User - ensi02

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.UserIsNotInternalException: User needs to be internal to be authenticated by class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.MTDaoAuthenticationProvider

I've found Jaspersoft's documents - but if I understand it properly, I expect PPM's  Create and Update Jasper Users job to bring in the 'external' accounts that become 'internal' the first time the user logs into it (not unlike CA's Business Objects integration).

We're LDAPS on the backend for authentication. Does/should Jasper pass authentication through to PPM when a user attempts to connect with domain credentials? If not, is there a way to setup our LDAP like in BO?

Am I doing anything wrong or am I incorrect in expecting to be able to connect to the Jasperserver via Jasperstudio with my PPM account?

Outcomes