AnsweredAssumed Answered

snmpcollector global templates

Question asked by rrustong.1 on Oct 15, 2015
Latest reply on May 12, 2016 by rrustong.1

I was just reading the snmpcollector theory of operation documentation and came across this diagram that made me question how I've been attempting to set up snmpcollector:

snmpcollector.png

I have several different remote hubs that will be running snmpcollector to poll devices geographically close to the remote hub and I want all of the hubs to have the exact same configuration.  I could not find a way to export/import templates, so I was operating under the assumption that I would need to manually create the templates on each remote hub and just make sure any changes made to one are made on all hubs.  However, from this diagram (and the explanation preceding it), it appears that I should be editing my templates on the primary hub and pushing them out to remote hubs.  I'm just not sure how to make that happen as the template editor is available from each individual snmpcollector probe configuration.  The probe is configured through Admin Console as noted in the explanation above, but I have to select the specific hub where I'll be configuring it in order to access the template editor. 

Am I supposed to install the snmpcollector on the primary hub and edit all templates there?  The documentation only mentions having the ppm probe on the primary hub, but I just don't see any other way to access the template editor.  Am I totally missing the point of this document?

Outcomes