CA Privileged Identity Manager Tech Tip by Aaron Armagost, Principal Support Engineer for December 1st.
By default, Enterprise Manager 12.8 and below will name the custom attributes for SAM endpoints and accounts as below:
• Custom 1
• Custom 2
• Custom 3
• Custom 4
• Custom 5
To rename these attributes to something more descriptive:
• Stop JBoss
• Navigate to ‘\JBoss-4.2.3-GA\server\default’, and remove the files and folders from ‘tmp’ & ‘work’ directories.
• Navigate to ‘\jboss-4.2.3.GA\server\default\deploy\IdentityMinder.ear\custom\ppm\resourceBundles\accountPasswords_en.properties’
• Edit the file ‘accountPasswords_en.properties’ and update the following tokens as below.
Note: Make sure all the occurrences of these tokens are properly updated
• Save the changes and exit the file.
• Start JBoss service
• From Enterprise Manager , search SAM endpoints and/or SAM accounts and view the information section to confirm the custom changes