AnsweredAssumed Answered

Role-Based Cost Planning??

Question asked by Keri Taylor on Dec 11, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 by Keri Taylor

Hello CA PPM Community, Kathryn_Ellis.

I would like to see some discussion, documentation, best practice on Role-Based Cost Planning. I think it would be most beneficial to hear and learn how others set up their CA PPM environments for Role based planning. Specifically, I would like to understand the full picture and process flow. Starting with setting up the system for Role based planning.

CA PPM Set-up:

Roles and their properties - Do you financially enable the Role? Expense Type Role? Add any Supplemental information added such as Transaction Class or Resource Class? Best practice?

Rate Marix - basic setup, Do you use ETC's to forecast hours --> cost using Rate Marix, use Allocations? What is best practice?

Cost Plan - Do you create plan from Task Assignments or Investment Team? Which is best practice? Grouping Attributes?

Projects - do you use Tasks? set up tasks for Capital and Operating expenses, assign those expense Role(s) to the tasks?  Add ETC's? Use Allocations? Best Practice?

Transaction Class - do these need to match the roles? ie. Contigency Role, CONTG transaciton class. Transaction Type? Expense or Labor, does it matter or is there a benefit to using material and equipment? Best practice?

Resource Classs - do these need to be Labor and Non-Labor, or EMP, CONT, NONEXP? What about the Resource Type? Just Expense and Labor, does it matter or is there a benefit to using material and equipment? Best practice?

What Reports or Portlets do you use for roll-up cost information?

Even a workflow would be a big help.

etc...

Thank you,

Keri

Outcomes