AnsweredAssumed Answered

SDM - Take action if Log Comment is 'Created By' Customer

Question asked by J_W on Jan 14, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 by J_W

SDM 14.1.02

Use Case:

Analysts request additional information from affected end users  / customers.  They change Status to 'Awaiting End User Response' which places the ticket on Hold and they send a notification to the customer.

We have inbound email setup for Update on reply to notifications.

Customer either replies to the email OR selects the ticket from their queue in the SDM employee/customer self-service interface (NOT USS) and uses the .Add Comment button.

We need to capture the Activity Log 'Created By' (alg.analyst) and compare it to the ticket customer.  If they are the same and the status is 'Awaiting End User Response', then set the status to something else ('Customer Replied' for example); which takes the ticket out of hold and other notifications as needed.

We have already changed the 'Updated via EMAIL interface.' activity comment to type 'Custom Log Comment', so I thought I could at least create a condition check for activity log type 'Custom Log Comment'' however this doesn't do anything for the other optional response using the web interface.

Is there a way to do this using existing macros and conditions or am I looking at a custom Spel?

Thanks,

J.W.

Outcomes