The App/http server is on Azure... and there is the main issue: they don't support a SPAN port.
I tried this way:
1. on the server (Windows 2012 Server) installed wireshark and captured the http traffic (filter: tcp.port == 80) from the exposed nic
2. on the tim installed a samba server and allowed the win server to write a pcap file with the captured http traffic
3. using an app called tcpreplay (Tcpreplay - Pcap editing and replaying utilities ) tried to inject this pcap file to the eth stablished to read the traffic on tim.
at this point some checks are done:
- when performing a tcpdump on the nic, there is http traffic from the pcap file.
- on the tim packet statistics there are packets processed
BUT when I stablish the autodiscovery transaction there is none.
I even tried to set a really simple html site, with few images and links to the server itself with no sucess.
I really need any help/advice/comments to get past this frontier set by Azure since several clients are migrating their apps to this platform.
Thanks in advance for any idea.
All the findings / Errors / Successes will be posted on this site and a document will all the credits and references will be published as well